Hiragana Times | Facebook Hiragana Times | Twitter RSS

VISA Information

Foreign nationals need some sort of visa to live in Japan. Here, we use the word “visa” to include the meaning of “residence eligibility status”. The Immigration Law provides for 27 types of visas. Although exceptions exist, most foreign nationals living in Japan have one of the 27 visas set down in the Immigration Law.

It is advisable that you would consult with a visa consultant before your visa application to the Immigration Office.

FREE Consultation for Non-Japanese by Gyoseishoshi-Lawyers

Visa Consulting

Kajita Gyoseishoshi Office [Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo]

We handle visa application and procedures for obtaining status of residence, and its extension and change, as well as permanent residence and naturalization. In addition, setting up a company in Japan, obtaining various business licenses, or solving a house-renting problems and so on. Quick settlement is our motto!
Don’t hesitate to contact us please.

3-15-1-240, Hatanodai, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
TEL: 03-3783-6565 FAX: 03-6868-6309
URL: mail:

Yonei Office [Sumida-ku, Tokyo]

For those who have problem with obtaining permanent visa, working visa, marriage visa or changing visa after divorce, and for those who don’t want to fail in visa application, feel free to contact the office. They will offer the first consultation free of charge! If failed, they have a system to return the fee! Available up to 21:00pm all year round. Visa experts will responsibly support you.

3-10-9-403, Higashi-Mukojima, Sumida-ku, Tokyo 131-0032
TEL: 03-5631-5177 FAX: 03-5631-5177
URL: mail:

Satsuki Law Office [Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo]

They are experienced lawyers in the foreigner-related fields of visa application/renewal, naturalization, criminal law, family law including divorce, child custody and inheritance, as well as in the fields relating to labor issues, compensation claims, medical malpractice, car accidents and litigation. As one of Japan’s leading law firms, Satsuki Law Office, provides service in Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Tagalog and Thai. They offer free consultations twice per month, so you can ask for their free advice and a legal services estimate, before deciding to take any legal action.

Daini-Tobundo Bldg. 3F. 2-16, Ageba-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0824
TEL: 03-5261-8291 FXA:03-5261-8303
URL: E-mail:

Ishiwata Legal Office [Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa]

We will promptly be able to deal with any kind of visa problem. We aim to treat all our customers with the upmost courtesy. We speak simply and slowly so that foreigners can easily understand, so please feel free to call us. We will act swiftly after carefully listening to your query. We can deal with matters such as international marriage, certifying documents, official stamps and passports.

1415-105, Yabe-cho, Totsuka-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken 244-0002
TEL: 045-514-5790 FAX: 045-514-3599
URL: E-mail:

Gyouseishoshi Takenaka Office [Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa]

By assisting with your registration and application forms, we provide support to those living in Japan who wish to obtain a visa, extend their term of residence, change their status of residence, obtain permanent residency or apply for citizenship. No matter what your plans or hopes for the future, we are happy to listen (free of charge at the initial stage), so please feel free to get in touch.

Marukoshi Bldg. 4th floor,
17-12, Watarida Sannou-cho, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa-ken 210-0845
TEL: 044-280-6510 FAX: 044-280-6511
URL: E-mail:


Comments are closed.