Hiragana Times | Facebook Hiragana Times | Twitter RSS

The Process of Looking for a Place to Live

Once you have a general idea of the area you want to live in, your budget, and the type of place you would like to rent, prepare the following items.

1) Gather together approximately 5-6 month’s worth of the rent that you aim to pay.

2) Find someone willing to be your guarantor or “joint and several guarantor”. If you have difficulties finding someone,   try consulting with your school or company. If you are still having difficulties, you can also go the route of approaching one of the businesses that specializes in providing guarantor proxies and ask them to step in and help.

3) Those who come from countries that have the custom of using  name stamps should procure a stamp.

Once you have prepared these things, head to the real estate agencies in the area where you would like to live. Local agencies concentrate on the local area real estate, and if you do the legwork, it’s very possible that you will find a place that’s a real bargain. Ordinarily in Japan, leases are not handled directly by the landlord. Real estate agencies (most of which are found in front of the train stations or along the main thoroughfares) are commissioned by the landlords to handle everything from finding prospective tenants to concluding leases. Some agencies are also commissioned to manage the buildings and handle issues with the tenants, and in general, places like these are more likely to rent to foreigners.

Japan’s Housing Situation

Real Estate Agents Information

img-tulipLiving with Japanese girls at a clean share house Specialized only for women!
All of the guest houses and share houses run by Tulip Estate company are only for women. They provide many clean and ornate rooms. Since the residents are mostly Japanese, it will be a perfect environment for Non-Japanese to make progress in learning Japanese. The female staff are willing to support your living in Japan. Inspections are always available for you to have a look at a house. The rental fee for a sharing a dormitory-type room starts from 28,000 yen and for a private room from 42,000 yen. The houses are located in Shibuya, Yoyogi, Shinjuku, Nakano, Asakusa, Sugamo and Ikebukuro.
Tulip Real Estate Co., Ltd. Tel: +81-3-6914-7366

A Guest House along the Yamanote Line
They are opened year-round for your convenience. It has been seven years since they started managing their 300 accommodations along the Yamanote line, Offering easy access and comfortable living in and around Tokyo.
T-Estate Tel: +81-3-3406-9777

Comments are closed.